Saturday, July 3, 2010

#Comcast-fails and 'Doesn't Everyone?' holidays...

http://nocureforthat.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/corporate-logo-us-flag.gif



Comcast Rep: So what are you doing for your holiday weekend?

Me: I don't celebrate the 4th of July.

Comcast Rep: You don't (weird, gasp slash scoff sound) celebrate the 4th of--

Me: (irritated, but even toned) No. I don't.

Comcast Rep: ( insta-frozen tone, coupled with an odd and certainly unwarranted animosity-vibe that would linger for the duration of the call) Let me, uh, place you on hold.



It's bad enough Comcast service has devolved whilst they maintain the nerve to overcharge the hell out of customers for web access. At least one of their reps also direly needs to learn 'boundaries', and maybe broaden her horizons beyond the Americanized 'Doesn/'t everyone?' blinders far too many don, at present. Her attitude towards my preferences had nothing to do with the matter at hand, which is the amazingly poor level of service I'm *done* paying for.

Further baffling to me was, judging by the accent, this was a woman of color. Uh... where's the animosity coming from towards folks who don't celebrate colonization-based independence that has largely been a mockery to 'other' cultures?

I'll leave y'all with the following gem come upon through @Normbond and @TianaSays, for it says it all, far more potently than I can manage:

1 comment:

msladyDeborah said...

I always find it amusing to see the expressions on people's faces when I tell them that I do not celebrate the 4th of July. They don't seem to know what to do after that moment.

Nor do they ever ask me why not?