Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Being



Almost out of nowhere I've been realizing the core importance of theories I've held for some time. Noticing myself of late cutting through the nonsense/lip service/over-diplomacy that arise sometimes daily, with precision, as I move along a course towards my destination: a state of productive peace, I can't help but grin thankfully, impressed with the power of old positive affirmations that are taking bloom.
I'm realizing that I have indeed been on my own personal hamster wheel, happily moving with a general sense of direction, that's helped me avoid a pinpoint destination. It's easy to get stuck in somewhat unsuitable positions if you've fooled yourself into thinking you're moving towards your goals, when in reality you've found ways to be keep moving without making measurable progress in the areas that are truly important to your heart.

This month's affirmation resonates with a long hidden part of me that is just beginning to spread its wings for real. Sure I've walked the walk, and remained as true as I could consciously remain to my beliefs, but there was always something missing. Something I couldn't put my finger on.
I'm realizing more and more that what's been m.i.a is my self-motivation, believe it or not.
I'm seriously adept at fulfilling the needs of others, and have been very good at drawing the 'no-no' lines for my own sacred space, but in truth I've had no idea what I've really wanted. There have been theories and concepts, but where my personal goals are concerned there has always been such a vague assertion coming from the part of me too afraid to look at what I might really want (for fear of learning how to just be- without the constant assessing I'm sure).

How many of us know what we really want, beyond the roles we've crafted for ourselves over the years, and the creature comforts that may satiate us for a time before we begin our search for satisfaction again?
If we had a higher regard for ourselves, we would find ourselves receptive enough to hear more clearly what the universe is trying to tell us about ourselves and our true wants/needs. It wouldn't be difficult to find ourselves amongst harmonious company, and in suitable positions if we could relinquish the illusion of control I think.

So before you make out your next to-do list to cover where you see yourself in 5 years (incl. perceived steps needing to be taken to get there), start with a list that focuses on why you matter, to yourself as well as to the world. By training ourselves to embrace ourselves, we can overcome the conditioning society has imposed upon us that says we need "something else" to be complete.

When we can get over the idea that we need 'something else', or in even deeper illusory terrain, the lie that 'we need' someone else (when in reality relationships are a complement only when we are whole within ourselves...) we will stop reaching for credit cards, accepting false friends, and the like to unconsciously fill a gap that isn't there.

All we need is already within. We just need to relearn how to remain still so it can "be".


Monthly Affirmation:
I matter.


Monthly Totem:
Bat


Studies on bats found that when they are placed in a refrigerator, they will go into an instant state of hibernation and come out unharmed when they are warmed, which is unique for a warm blooded mammal. This indicates that the life force of the bat is strong and is able to regenerate and replenish it when needed. Those with this medicine also have this ability and would benefit from all types of yogic practices especially those related to awakening the kundalini.

Bat holds the power of adaptability. Everything about them, senses, feeding, flight, mating and size is suited to their particular environment. When bat appears in your life its message may be to examine your surroundings to discern what bounty is being offered to you, and then alter your patterns so you can receive it.

http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/photos/sevcik/fruit-bat-large-flying-fox--kalon.jpg

When bat flies into your life transformation of the ego self is about to occur. The old familiar patterns and ideas that have been your truth are about to change. That which once worked for you may no longer. The process of transformation represents a death and a rebirth. Bat offers you the wisdom necessary to make the appropriate changes for the birthing of your new identity.

Because the bat is a sociable animal it can indicate a need for more sociability or increased opportunity with greater numbers of people. It has great auditory perception and can navigate through the dark easily. Their built in sonar enables them to know what lies beneath the surface. Those with this medicine have uncanny abilities to discern hidden messages both from people and the environment..

When bat appears it is asking you to surrender yourself to the process of change. Opportunities unknown to the conscious mind are about to manifest.

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/images/fruit-bat_new.JPG

Thankyou Sayahda for the intel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post!

and the bat info clarifies the contents of a dream i had not too long ago.

PurpleZoe said...

Peace Inspired Sis *_^

Thanks for stopping through.
Glad you got something out of the post.

The Bat totem has answered a few questions regarding the state I've found myself in as of late.
I keep reminding myself to just 'let go'.
Easier said than done, but necessary to the next cycle.

Shine on
-PZ

a.eye said...

This is an excellent post. And sometimes it really is necessary to stop and say to myself that I do matter. I didn't know all those things about bats' adaptability.

Thanks for the post.

PurpleZoe said...

Peace StuckInMyHead*_^,

We're conditioned by society to underrate ourselves, but everyone of us has a purpose to collective consciousness.

I definitely need to remind myself that I matter, every now and again.

We're all bringing light to the table.

Thankyou for stopping through again and sharing good vibes.

Love&Light
-PZ