Saturday, August 2, 2008

KRS Calls For DJ's To Save The HipHop Artform




"Once and for all, the American public needs to hear from the DJ's in a unified voice," KRS One shared. "There are questions that the American public has for for the DJ and one of the concerns of the American public, for DJ's in every medium, is the lack of responsibility that DJ's show to younger ears. The DJ's I know care about the public they play for; many of them are responsible parents themselves. It is not that DJ's are irresponsible, it is that DJ's do not speak in one unified voice on anything."

In a call for DJ solidarity, having himself started out as a DJ, KRS along with founder A.Shaw have a march organized for August 29th in Washington D.C
The goal is to create unity amongst responsible DJ's who have respect for younger ears, and are heedful of the music they support. The event will inform and inspire with performances and workshops.


Visit The Website For Details


Grazi 9 Elements

8 comments:

Danielle said...

The original Hip Hop Activist!

Oh yeah.

I tagged you for a music meme when you get the time.

My love to you as always. Waiting for the phone to ring.

Danielle
Modern Musings

Cooper said...

Sent you an email, let me know if you didn't get it.


cooper

PurpleZoe said...

Peace D ^_^

I love me some KRS. He's so necessary to HipHop. We're blessed he's still doing his thing.

I'm still catching up with the to-do list (hopefully I'll be pretty caught up by end of week, but I won't be in the house alot so I'm not sure...), but I did get your email. Pardon the delays.

I'll peep the meme, Chica.

Shine on
-PZ

PurpleZoe said...

Peace Coop *_^

Got it. I sent a response in the wee hours of the a.m.
I was out most of the day.

I can't wait until openmokos are up and running. I could definitely use a tablet phone when I'm out of the house...

Shine on Chica
-PZ

Yobachi said...

KRS-One has always been a Hip Hop Super Hero, saving and preserving our art form.

Rock On!

PurpleZoe said...

Peace Yobachi *_^

KRS is a hiphop superhero indeed.
Thanks for stopping through.

Love&Light
-PZ

C.L.A.T.A said...

YOUR BLOG IS DEFINITELY ON MY LIST

PurpleZoe said...

Peace C.L.A.T.A ^_^

And yours is on mine.
Very slick operation you have going over there.

Shine on Sisterstar
-PZ