Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scheme Mag speaks with James Spooner



Scheme: The one thing I wanted to ask you, and I don’t know if you are a technical trained director, so did you just pick up the camera and run with it?

JS: Yeah definitely. I had no experience in filmmaking or anything technical. I have always been an artist and I was focused in Fine Arts. Before making Afro Punk I was a sculptor and I was really focused on making it in that “world” or whatever. My ideas of what “making it” was, was a little…I wasn’t clear on what that meant to me, because I wasn’t clear on who I was. So when you see my work from that time, it’s interesting and people gravitated towards it but it wasn’t because of the content but it was more because of the execution, ya know?

Read More at Scheme

No comments: