Monday, July 9, 2007

Not sweatin the Iphone? Neither me. Check the OpenMoko


Because At&t like Verizon, Aol, Yahoo and other internet fiends, have been trying to take the freedom of the internet by proposing to create walls and high priced tiers, I have boycotted them all. I don't trust them. For reasons like this I am bound to report on technology that I truly believe is good for the people, and isn't funding crooks that are in bed together, stealing your bandwidth and other data.
This makes the Iphone a non-option for grassroots chics like myself. Likewise, I am an opensource supporter, so when I saw this baby my chakras lit up.

The OpenMoko is coming to save us from the hype of lesser technologies.


It allows you to install any third party app and doesn't lock you into one provider. Yay!

Here are some of it's other features

The Neo 1973 boasts the following hardware specifications * 2.8" VGA TFT color display
* Touchscreen, usable with stylus or fingers
* 266MHz Samsung System on a Chip (SOC)
* USB 1.1, switchable between Client and Host (unpowered)
* Integrated AGPS
* 2.5G GSM – quad band, voice, CSD, GPRS
* Bluetooth 2.0
* Micro SD slot
* High Quality audio codec

It will have wifi and accelerated graphics according to an update when it ships for mass market consumption in the Fall.

Read more at the OpenMoko Site

No comments: