Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cherry Dipped



I've been a fan of cherry dipped ice cream since childhood, and had a reunion with it yesterday evening courtesy of my not so little one Q and Mr. Softie.

It led me to thinking... Why doesn't cherry dip get the same play in the frozen foods market as fudge covered icecream? I mean seriously, why do I have to wait for the seasonal accoutrements of Mr.Softie's traveling wagon to enjoy this sublime creation?
I should be able to go to my local grocer and buy individually wrapped cherrydipped icecream bars... I really should. We should all have this convenience.

Of course there are more important things, but it crossed my mind and I had to share it.
Change is good. Here's to hoping the cherry-dipped icecream market will not continue to be slept on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had, let along heard of cherry dipped ice cream. I can imagine how great it would taste. I don't like fudge or chocolate dipped cones. I have to find a place in Dallas that serves cherry-dipped cones.

PurpleZoe said...

Girl... You have got to get your hands on a cherry dipped cone, stat.

Do you have a Dairy Queen nearby? They've been known to be purveyors of the majestic Cherry Dipped Cone.

^_^

To vegans: In my defense I'm a vegetarian and still occasionally take in dairy. Yeah... I do keep the vegan recipes I post, strictly vegan though, no worries.

Saladin said...

Mmm..Mister Softee...I like butterscotch, personally. Sometimes w/ strawberry ice cream...

PurpleZoe said...

Ah yes Butterscotch...
I amend my point.
We need to have more than the Cherry dip alternative... We should have them all.

-_-