Monday, September 17, 2007

Indiefied- Algebra Blessett



Why is it taking so long for this girl's name to be recognized?
I came across her via Myspace last year, and even with Kedar's involvement, the dim-witted mainstream has not given her the platform she deserves. They wouldn't want women embracing themselves would they?
Clutch Magazine is doing so however (Algebra was on my list of artists to introduce I swear) in their October issue.

Stay tuned and for now enjoy a vid that displays the natural finesse and fluid vocals of a grassroots siren reclaiming the statuesque posture of conscious womanhood among many who have fallen into the trap of tainted and archetypally lesser roles...



Visit her realm by the school of African Daisies
~~~~~~~~~*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like her sound.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard her before. Lovely.
I can't find her anywhere but My Space. Damn.

PurpleZoe said...

Isn't she great?
Unfortunately there hasn't been enough of a focus placed on her. Hopefully this will change sooner than later.