Monday, September 3, 2007

Vintage- Soul Sirens (Slept On...)

I'm not entirely sure why there are so many phenomenal acts that have faded into the background or why they've been slept on and under-promoted by their management for either debut or follow-up efforts, but I am sure I want to honor them.

The following is a list of talented Sirens who in their own right are abundantly gifted vocally and signature-wise. Hopefully we will see some of them again. Click their pics for found websites on the net...

note:
We've slipped a few 'instant vintage' sirens into the lineup because we miss them already, and expect more buzz than they recieved.



Miki Howard




B Angie B


Kameelah of 702



Teedra Moses



Nicole Wray




Shareefa


Teairra Mari


Tweet



Amerie


Claudette Ortiz



Grenique



Got suggestions?
Drop em: kisspurplezoe at gmail.com

4 comments:

Invisible Woman said...

I'm surprised at how Tweet fell off...and also expected more from Greniquee.

PurpleZoe said...

It's a shame to see such tremendous talent wasted. Sometimes I think street teams are more valuable than 'management/pr' teams, because fans will stay dedicated whereas industry politics can cause feelings to switch up from hot to cold all too swiftly...

Anonymous said...

Tweet's second album was good. B Angie B has a great voice, but she will forever be associated with MC Hammer. Miki Howard and Nicole Wray just disappeared as if they never had hits.

PurpleZoe said...

I miss Miki Howard. I remember hearing that she was leaving the industry because of the politics, but I don't know how accurate that is.

B Angie B could clear that up. All she needs to do is create an image that has more definition. Artists have overcome stigmas before.

Nicole Wray has had two unreleased albums recently. I hope she gets with the right crew. I miss her...

I miss all of them...