Friday, September 7, 2007

Green- Lush.com



Ever on the search for natural products that won't cause all manner of drugged chemical disorientation and/or health imbalance in later years, I have come across Lush.com

I ordered their deodorant as I am most certainly anti-aluminum when it comes to my deodorants and though I've made deodorant before I like knowing where to buy natural deodorants that actually work.




Enter:
Lush's Oxeo Cube

Grade:
A (I'd give it a plus but it has a shelflife of 3 months... and shipping costs suck...Hopefully Lush will start using Global Priority Mail in the future...).

(there are more in their line but the Oxeo cube is impressive).

Without aluminum and with mostly natural ingredients aside from Sodium Stearate (: google it) this deodorant will last even through exercise, and other sweat inducing activities and it has a scent that isn't too shabby. A little too floral for my taste but nonetheless effective.

Lush has something here...
I dig their approach and the fact that they don't offer face masks through mail order because they make them fresh daily in-store.
They also offer a groovy catalog and free samples with their orders.
This made the two week wait worth it (they aren't really based in the US unless you visit a store location in NY or somewhere else on their US list).


What's Next?


I would like to try some of their bath bombs, Gel thingies, and soaps.

Next likely green report? Tom's of Maine deodorant line that also comes naturally sans the aluminum. They make great flouride-free toothpaste, and I look forward to the rest of the line.


We're gonna be alright green people. We just have to clean up the mess the greedmongers made...


Happy Friday ^_^

4 comments:

Invisible Woman said...

I like Weleda deoderant; it sprays like a perfume, and comes in a pretty bottle

Anonymous said...

We use "Crystal" brand deodorant. It doesn't really have a scent, I would like to find something more feminine.

I should try Weleda or Lush.

PurpleZoe said...

I tried a crystal deodorant awhile back, but this is the first I think I've heard of Weleda. Hmmm....

Invisible Woman said...

You can get their stuff at Whole Foods...they are based in NY.

Here is the website:

http://www.usa.weleda.com/index.aspx